Hello beautifuls :-)
In response to the lovely http://essenn91.tumblr.com/ 's request asking me to do a Edie Sedgwick/Twiggy inspired tutorial I've spent an hour this afternoon creating this :-)
I used images like this as my inspiration;
This look is very 60s :-) I was so excited to create it, so here goes...
1. Aargh here is a no makeup pic, eek! (Well with some gross remnants of brows and false eyelashes haha). I moisturised my skin a little with MAC Studio Moisture Fix and then primed my skin with MAC Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage. I also concealed over red bits with Dermapalette concealer in a pale shade, and also went over my lips. The 60s look is all about pale perfect but glowy skin :-)
2. So below is me with liquid highlighter on - I used MeMeMe Beat The Blues Highlighter. I used a lot to create a really sculpted face, and rubbed in with my fingers :-)
3. I used a 50:50 mix of MAC Strobe Cream and Loreal True Match Foundation in N1 to create a pale glowy complexion, and used a MAC 187 brush moistened slightly with MAC Fix+ to buff in the foundation. I then popped a light powdering of Vichy Loose Powder and MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Natural in Light over my skin to slightly decrease any shine.
4. I buffed in some blush with a regular blush brush using a mix of MACs blush in Peachy Keen and Pinch Me. I also used this blush to contour round my forehead a little, and then used the MAC Wonder Woman Limited Edition blush set to contour my nose, chin and jawline. (the shade is just a dark brown with no shimmer in :-) ) and then blend it all in well :-) I also added highlight using the same Wonder Woman palette with a shimmery cream colour that I popped on the top of my cheekbones, done the nose and a little on my temples :-)
5. I also added eyebrows in brown rather than my usual pink! This is to be in keeping with the 60s look, I did them thicker towards my nose and thinned them out towards the end, and also really deepened the colour with a dark brown rather than a wishy washy shade! I first drew the shape with NYX brown pencil in dark brown, then used MAC 'Mystery' Eyeshadow with a 266 brush to slightly soften the look. I actually really like the pink hair and dark brow combination!
6. In the waterline, to really widen eyes, I lined with an Avon white eyeliner and a little MAC Chromagraphic Eye Pencil in NW15. This is a great way to make your eyes appear huge!
7. Firstly I applied Urban Decays Eyeshadow Primer Potion all over my lid and let it dry a little, then lined heavily on my lower line with Urban Decays 24-7 Glide on Eyeliner Pencil in Zero, and dragged that out further than where my eye naturally ends to really elongate it, and then went in my socket crease with the liner, drew a deep line, and smudged it a little. I then took Urban Decays eyeshadow in 'Perversion' (a matte black) and further smudged in some more black with a pencil brush. I also used a MAC 266 brush with the black eyeshadow to go over the eyeliner to ensure it stayed longer and was waterproof :-)
8. Once I was happy with the blending of the eyeshadow, and had faded it up to my brows using a MAC 266 brush to really blend well, I then added white eyeshadow in the area between my upper lashline and socket crease. I used yaby's white eyeshadow and a flat eyeshadow brush to apply this :-)
9. Ensure there's a gap between the black eyeshadow on your top eye socket, and with the eyeliner on the bottom :-) It really elongates eyes and is totally in keeping with the 60s eye makeup look :-) If you look closely at the below picture at my lower lashline you can see that I extended the white/cream eyeliner a little further than my natural eye to again elongate it even more :-)
Here's some close ups of the eye makeup so hopefully you can see exactly what I did :-)
10. I had false lashes on already, but if you don't I would suggest applying some super thick ones full of volume with DUO Eyelash Adhesive.
11. I used lots of mascara on my bottom lashes - I'm loving MaxFactors 2000 Calorie Mascara :-)
12. I applied MACs lipstick in 'Myth' for a 60s pale nude mouth, and their Cremesheem Lipgloss in 'Boy Bait'.
A super close up of the eye makeup for you :-)
And so here's the final look... complete with huge Edie Sedgwick-esque earrings and a fringe like Twiggys! :-) What do you guys reckon? Hope you like it! :-)