Friday 11 February 2011

Spaceage/Shower Shoot

Hello sweeties,

So this is a post that's been a long time coming, as this shoot was like 3 weeks ago! However I need to tell you guys about it as I loved the shoot so much! :)
I've done you a recipe/step by step guide of what I used and how I did it, so enjoy reading :)

Products Used –

MAC Complete Comfort Creme

Urban Decay Eye Primer Potion

MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation - Shade NW15

MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Natural

Dermablend Concealer Palette

elf Cool Bronzer Palette

Benefit Blusher in Coralista

yaby Best of Both Worlds Eye Palette

Barry M Dazzle Dust, used alone as well as with MAC Fix +to create liner

MAC Lipstick in Snob and Lovelorn

MAC Lipgelee in Sin-tillation

Collection 2000 Glam Crystals Dazzling Gel Liner in Le Freak

Mehron Ultrafine Metallic Powder in Silver

Beauty Nation Glam Lashes applied with DUO Eyelash Adhesive

Method

I prepared the skin with MAC moisture cream, which I love – it’s so rich and works well with any skin type, and prepared the eyes with Urban Decay Primer Potion – a staple in myself and most makeup artists kits, it ensures shadow stays super bright and beautiful for an unbelievably long time! I then applied MAC foundation with a sponge and buffed over some MAC Mineralise powder to remove shine but leave skin looking flawless. I sculpted her cheeks with elfs Cool Bronzer palette, only £3.50 and my favourite contouring bronzer I’ve ever come across! Next I used various shades of blue eyeshadows from the yaby palette to create defined lines, and then softer ones by blending out the shadow. I also created my own eyeliner by mixing a deep blue Barry M dust pigment with a spray of MAC Fix+ Spray, and lined the eyes with this, to make them pop, and added glitter to the flicks with Collection 2000s Dazzling Gel Liner. All these blue shades matched perfectly with Nina the models beautiful eyes. I also (believe it or not) shaped the brows using a super dark blue eyeshadow and angled brush – I think blue brows suits Nina really well, and it’s also really wearable! I added crazy fun false lashes to Nina’s eyes – these were from Poundland, and proves you don’t need to spend a fortune for your art! Lips were done with two shades of MAC lipstick, a deeper pink one for the outer edges of her lips, and a more baby pink for the centre of her lips, and then MAC Lip Gelee on the top for lovely glossy lips. We tied Nina’s hair back for the shoot and added a rose hair corsage – it complemented the makeup colours perfectly. After taking some shots with the makeup this way, and Nina getting a tad wet in the shower shots, I had a mad idea to sci-fi up the shoot by adding Mehron silver powder to her neck, and I absolutely love the effect. Sometimes the most beautiful things are only realised last minute – and my silver neck idea definitely proves this!


Here's some action shots of me doing makeup :)




I especially like this one! :)

And here's the final pictures - I'm sooooo pleased with them :D




These are some shower shots, love the effect it creates :)


CREDITS;

Photographer – Lynn Cameron, based in St Andrews.

Model – Nina Haanes Hessen, St Andrews University.



Hope you guys like this shoot!


Emily xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've got a question,
i'll try and get back to you asap,
emily x