Tuesday 28 December 2010

Things I Can't Live Without

Hello sweetpeas!

So while the lasagnes in the oven and Dan's on the bus home from work, I thought I'd write a list of things that I can't live without. Now before I write this - I could live without them - after all, the only things we need to survive are water, food and a little shelter and warmth - but aside from these essentials, here's a list of things I love having in my day to day life, and wouldn't like to imagine my days without them.

First up is cups of tea! Anyone that drinks a lovely cup of tea knows that when you've had a bad day, when you've been on your feet all day, when you're tired out, when you've had a shock, well no matter what the situation is - a tea will always soothe you and make you feel better! I like a cup with no sugars (I'm sweet enough hahaha) and lots of milk :) And some bourbon or hobnob biscuits never go amiss!
Next, I love my home comforts like blankets, dressing gowns and slippers. Whenever I don't have to go out, I'll be found snuggled up and not bothering to get dressed. I just love feeling warm and cosy!

I like my lips to always feel soft and lovely - so I always have Vaseline close by :) I put it on before I go to sleep, so when I wake up in the morning my lips are soft and luxuorious! I've recently tried the new Vaseline Lip Therapy with Cocoa Butter - it's delicious!

Next up, soppy and quite predictable from an old romantic like me, is my lovely boyfriend Dan and my family and pets. People are a gazillion times more important than any material objects - and these people are the things I'd find so difficult to be without. I hate living so far away from my family and my beloved pets Wallace and Jack, and from Dans family too. They're all so special to me and have made me who I am :) And Dan is the most special wonderful person ever - he makes me feel better when I'm down, we have giggles together, and I get to cuddle up to him every night - live's perfect with him :)

I suffer badly with eczema and dry skin, so I need a moisture cream that'll sort my skin out and inject some much needed moisture into it! However, my skin's super sensitive to fragrances and certain brands, and after much deliberation I've finally found a soul mate for my skin - Soap and Glory's Collagen Overhall Wish Upon a Jar Cream - at £14 it's more expensive that your average moisture cream, but it's lasted me four months with use twice a day, so that's like £3.50 a month for wonderous skin! Definitely worth it! My skin gets so sad and dry without it - so it's definitely a must have for my skin.

My signature makeup look - and my go to makeup every day is simple winged pin up style eyes. No matter what eye makeup I have on otherwise, I always have a nice cat eye flick :) I do this with MACs Blacktrack Fluidline and a 210 brush - and it lasts all day with no smudging :)

Whenever I'm feeling a bit bummed out, or feel like I want to rest and recuperate I buy myself a magazine. Now I like the expensive glossy ones to cut out pictures for makeup inspiration, but for fun and daft gossip to cheer me up I always get Reveal - it's my absolute favourite! It's so cheap and fun to read, and always brightens my day up! :)
No matter what I do in the day, me and Dan always get cuddled up with a cuppa at the end of it to watch the soaps, Coronation Street and Eastenders! I'm so addicted to them! :) No matter what's going on in our lives, it's fun to detract and concentrate on the characters troubles for half hour or so :)

Now something I wanted to include, not to lower the tone, but more as something that actually has become a necessity in my life, whether I want it to or not, is my antidepressant/bipolar medication. I tried spending time in Summer without being on meds, but I found it too hard and now I'm back on them. I don't feel like they rule or control my life - but I feel as though they definitely benefit it and make me enjoy life so much more! :) At first it terrified me that I was on such taboo medication, but now I just see it as another part of me, like popping lipstick on, it's just something I do :) I'd like to think one day I'll be med free but the truth is I probably never will be. That makes me feel sad, but at the same time, if it makes me feel better I guess tablets are necessary :)


There are so many things in life that I love so much and that make me days so much more enjoyable I just can't fit them all on one list! It's so nice to think about them though, and really consider how fun they make your life! And it's interesting to think how different others lists would be :)

Write yours - and let me know!

Emily xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

if you've got a question,
i'll try and get back to you asap,
emily x